Understanding how to use work items and notes
Document ID 3219
You can use a note to record important information on a patient profile. Notes do not trigger ResMed ReSupply to create tasks because notes hold supplementary patient information only.
You may want to use a note:
- when the patient declines to provide an email address
- to document the caller’s name when it is not the patient
- to provide information that will help the next agent who contacts the patient
- to provide details that are not added to the Timeline automatically.
Supply Request Notes
You may want to use a supply request note for:
- item confirmation
- size changes
- when a patient requests CPAP supplies not available in the Item list.
To add a supply request note:
- In the Supply request notes section, click Add note.
- To complete the note, click Save.
You require a work item when you must contact the patient through phone or email to follow up. For information on the different kinds of work items, and when to use them, click here.
You require a work item for:
- Manual payor/insurance updates
- Address/demographic updates (Includes email address updates)
- Changes to an existing supply request that is not requested during order placement
- Supply request status inquiry
- New prescription/physician information
- Item/order cancelation
- Order expedition/local pick up
- Equipment/therapy concerns
- Unwilling caller
- Bad number
- Changes to therapy/HME
You can flag a note to make other users aware of important information.
To flag a note, click the Flag icon.
ResMed ReSupply creates a timeline entry of a flagged note on the patient's account.
To remove a flag:
- Go to the Notes tab of the patient's account.
- Click the Flag icon next to the note
- Enter a reason for removing the flag.
You may wish to flag a note when:
- the patient declines to receive emails
- documenting the name of the caller if the patient is not calling
- information is not documented on the patient’s timeline.